Volunteer Home Visitors (Radio Support)
What is this role? This role involves visiting blind and partially sighted people in their homes, installing their new radio and teaching them how to use it as well as proving ongoing support, where needed. This role also involves a small amount of admin.
Where is it based? The role is based within your own region. You will be asked to travel around a reasonable distance within your local area.
How much time will I need to commit? Each visit will take around 2 hours to complete. Depending on your area, we envisage that there will be around 1-2 visits per month.
What does this role involve?
- Contact recipients by phone to agree appointment time
- Visit people in their homes and install our audio equipment
- Give instruction and demonstration of the equipment.
- Complete paperwork for each visit
- Make follow up telephone call, and if required arrange further visit and training
- Collect broken sets and arrange repairs
- Deliver replacement sets to existing clients
What Kind of person are we looking for?
- Someone Patient.
- I.T. Knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Full Clean driving licence
- Good Communicator
Whats in it for me?
- Full training
- Full expenses
- The chance to gain valuable experience within a national charity
- Provide support to blind and partially sighted people within your community