South West and Wales: Radio supporter volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to help promote our work and demonstrate our sets to community groups.
What is this role?
A radio supporter volunteer will help us demonstrate how our sets work to a wide range of people inluding healthcare professionals, community groups and others who may be interested in supporting our work such as Rotary Clubs, Round Table groups and Lions Clubs.
What does the role involve?
- Going out to speak to community groups and demonstrate our sets
- Promoting the work of BWBF
Where is it based?
This position is primarily based from your home and within your community, but will include regular online and telephone support with a regional development manager.
How much time will I need to commit?
It's up to you but we would ideally like you to commit to at least one or two visits per month but you can do more or less hours depending on your own circumstances.
What kind of person are you looking for?
- Enjoys meeting people
- Interest in radio is important but not essential as full training will be provided
- Someone who likes to communicate, with good listening and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A patient person with a willingness to help
- Able to explain the controls clearly and concisely
- Ability to enthuse others and have a caring nature
- Previous training and development experience would be good but not essential
- Enthusiasm and commitment are essential
What's in it for me?
- Chance to gain worthwhile experience in training, development and support within the voluntary sector
- Provide support to healthcare professionals as well as blind and partially sighted people
- The chance to meet new people
- A sense of satisfaction that you've helped someone who is likely to be very isolated
For more information, email email@example.com or call 07540 724064.
Share this page:
Click an icon to share on your favourite social media site