Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford, Halifax: Home visit volunteers
We are looking for people to help us give out and demonstrate our sets to recipients in the Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford and Halifax areas.
What is this role?
This role involves visiting blind and partially sighted people in their homes, installing their new radio and teaching them how to use it as well as providing ongoing support where needed.
This role also involves a small amount of admin.
What does the role involve?
- Contacting recipients by phone to agree appointment time
- Visiting people in their homes and installing our audio equipment
- Giving instruction about and demonstrating the equipment
- Completing paperwork for each visit
- Making a follow up telephone call and if required arrange further visit and training
- Collecting broken sets and arranging repairs
- Delivering replacement sets to existing clients
Where is it based?
The role is based within your own region. You will be asked to travel around a reasonable distance within your local area.
How much time will I need to commit?
Each visit will take around two hours to complete. Depending on your area, we envisage that there will be no more than one to two visits per month.
What kind of person are you looking for?
- Someone patient
- IT knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Car owner/ clean driving licence
- Good communicator
What's in it for me?
- Gain experience in a national charity
- Enhance your CV
- Full training for this role will be provided
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses and mileage costs
- Meeting new people
- Provide support to blind and partially sighted people within your community
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07540 724063.
Share this page:
Click an icon to share on your favourite social media site